Please List Pet(s) Living in Your Home
Please Include Name(s), Age(s), and if They Are Spayed/Neutered?
Please List Three References
Name | Address | Phone | Email | Relationship
I make the above statements and voluntarily enter into this agreement to provide a temporary home as a foster caregiver to any animals BARC may temporarily place in my care. I agree to provide a BARC representative access to all parts of my home and property for a home inspection before my application to foster is approved. I understand that I may be required to provide foster care to my foster animal for an extended and indefinite period of time. I agree that I am over 21 years of age. I understand that BARC provides no guarantee as to the health of my foster animal and that my foster animal may have medical needs, socialization problems, and may not be housebroken. I agree to provide my foster animal with veterinary care as authorized by BARC. I will not arrange or pay for any elective veterinary care for my foster animal without the express consent of an authorized BARC representative. I understand that I may only have my foster animal temporarily. I agree that I am fostering this animal for BARC, and that I do not have any right of ownership over my foster animal. I further agree that BARC rights to my foster animal are superior to mine. I also agree to provide a BARC representative access to my home and property to check on my foster animal, at any time that I am in possession of my foster animal. I agree to immediately return any foster animal in my care to BARC at the request of its authorized representative at any time and for any reason. If BARC is forced to undertake legal action to enforce this provision of the agreement, I agree to indemnify BARC for all court costs and attorney fees connected with such an action. If I am planning to move at any time during the period when I am housing a foster animal, I agree to contact BARC prior to my move and provide BARC with my new contact information. I understand that BARC has the right to request return of my foster animal based on my change of residence, and agree that I will surrender my foster animal to BARC immediately upon request. I understand if at any point I can no longer, or do not want to continue to, provide care and shelter for my foster animal, I agree to contact BARC and arrange for surrender and return of my foster animal back to BARC. I will not transfer possession or custody of my foster animal to any other person at any time, except for temporary, short-term possession for the purpose of vet care, grooming, etc. I agree to contact BARC with any and all questions or concerns about my foster animal or the Foster Care Program as well as with updated contact information. I agree that if I refuse or fail to comply with any provision of this agreement, BARC has the right to terminate this agreement and also has the right to the immediate surrender and return of my foster animal(s). I further consent to provide BARC access to my premises if necessary to facilitate the return. I agree that the opportunity given to me to help rehabilitate my foster animal, as well as the chance of a potential future adoption, is of significant benefit to me, and serves as proper legal consideration in exchange for my agreement to the terms of this contract. I have read this application and am in agreement in its entirety. I agree that all statements and agreements contained in this document are made by me and are truthful.
The foster home serves as a safe and comfortable environment for the rescue animal and allows all involved to get to know something about the animal before it is placed in a permanent home. Every measure is to be taken to ensure a safe and comfortable living situation for the foster family and the foster animal. I acknowledge and agree that BRIDGEPORT ANIMAL RESCUE CREW, INC. (BARC CT) cannot guarantee me or anyone else what type of temperament the animal(s) I am fostering may have, that I am not an agent of BARC CT, and that I hereby accept responsibility for the animal(s) in my care. My ability to foster an animal from BARC CT is often contingent on a satisfactory home visit.
I understand that if I am chosen to foster an animal, I have an obligation to provide proper care for the animal, AND ensure that any and all BARC CT paperwork (including surrender forms, copies of veterinarian bills, health certificates, etc.), AND updates on the animal’s progress are completed and provided to the appropriate parties in a timely fashion. I agree to abide by any decisions made by BARC CT’s Board of Directors and that non-compliance with any issue could result in the foster animal being removed from my care. I further understand that the foster animal is only in my care temporarily and that this is not an adoption agreement and therefore is not an agreement that I will be allowed to retain possession of the foster animal on a permanent basis.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
In Consideration of being permitted to foster an animal from BARC CT, EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED, for himself/herself, his personal representative, heirs, next of kin, invitees, and/or guests:
1. Acknowledges, agrees, and represents that he/she is aware of and assumes the many risks associated with being around animals, including but not limited to the risks of being bitten scratched, jumped upon, knocked over, chased, tripped, infected with a disease, or otherwise injured or frightened, as well as the risks of damage to personal property and that the BARC CT cannot guarantee me or anyone else what type of temperament the animal(s) I am fostering may have, and that I am not an agent of BARC CT, and that I hereby accept responsibility for the animal(s) in my care.
2. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, and COVENANTS NOT TO SUE BRIDGEPORT ANIMAL RESCUE CREW, INC. (BARC CT), its volunteers, employees, agents, members, directors, officers, or any affiliated entities thereof, FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, his personal representative, assigns, heirs, next of kin, guests, and/or invitees FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN DEATH OF THE UNDERSIGNED OR ANYONE ELSE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE FOSTERING OF AN ANIMAL FROM BARC CT.
3. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS BRIDGEPORT ANIMAL RESCUE CREW, INC (BARC CT), its volunteers, employees, agents, members, directors, officers, or any affiliated entities thereof, from ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST INCLUDING BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE FOSTERING OF AN ANIMAL FROM BARC CT.
4. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE FOSTERING OF AN ANIMAL FROM BRIDGEPORT ANIMAL RESCUE CREW, INC. (BARC CT).
5. HEREBY agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts of negligence by BRIDGEPORT ANIMAL RESCUE CREW, INC. (BARC CT), its volunteers, employees, agents, members, directors, officers, or any affiliated entities thereof, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of Connecticut and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS FOSTERING AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.